The Club has instituted a “Club callsign at your QTH ” program. Your station can qualify if you are a member of our club, with a valid FCC Amateur Radio license, and the written approval of the Club’s Trustee.
You will need to agree to the following conditions:
- You will place a written request, via e-mail, to the Club’s Trustee, N3JT, asking for permission to use the Club’s Callsign. Contact Jim Talens N3JT
- You will cease to use the Club callsign whenever asked to do so by the station trustee, N3JT.
- You will at all times obey all FCC rules and regulations including operating the station, on or off campus, consistent with the provisions and limitations of your operator’s license…”
- All QSLing will be the responsibility of the Club’s QSL Manager, Russ Miller WA3FRP. You are required to send a file containing all QSO information to the QSL Manager on a regular, at least monthly, basis.
- The University of Pennsylvania has three FCC issued callsigns. All on-campus University of Pennsylvania Amateur Radio Club activity should be conducted using the Club’s oldest FCC assigned callsign – W3KZ. All University of Pennsylvania Amateur Radio Club Repeater System activity should be conducted using Club callsign – N3KZ/R. All University of Pennsylvania Alumni Amateur Radio activity off-campus, generally from Alumni home stations, must be coordinated via the Club’s Trustee, N3JT, using callsigns W3ABT or N3KZ.